The enterprise mobility framework mainly consists of two components namely the Middleware and the Mobile App. The middleware consists of the following components:
- Authentication / Authorization layer is to make sure that unauthorized users won't have access and also to filter the content according to the permission of the user.
- Business logic layer is a framework that provides placeholders for attaching application specific action handlers. It also provides access to a bunch of services through standard protocols listed below:
The Mobile Application is running in the devices and communicating with the middleware and the data-structure used for this communication is uniform irrespective of the device platform. The mobile application might be a native application specific to the device platform or it might be a generic one based on html or html5.
- Location Service is provided by the Ideation LBS engine where the devices (to be tracked) are continuously updating their location
- Messaging Service uses the SMS Gateway to send SMS alerts to respective recipients
- Business Process Service is for executing process tasks e.g., initiate a task, clearing pending approvals, etc. through the Ideation BPM Engine at the back-end.
- Payment Service is for serving payment related requests which are routed through the Payment Gateway
- Analytics Services allows users to perform basic analytics related tasks depending on the capability of the device